Friday, July 27, 2007

Parque de Attracciones


3_ParqueDeAttracciones, originally uploaded by travis_prowell.

Today was a really chill day, up until about two thirty. Before that we woke up, had some good breakfast in the hotel (same food as yesterday), and stuck around in the hotel reading and chilling till two.
At two, we all got up and left the hotel as we went out to eat some lunch (probably my favorite meal in Madrid so far; some kind of chicken sandwich with lettuce and tomato and a good sauce, but I forgot to say "no onions," yeesh).
We took metro for a few stops until we reached a gondola that took us minutes away from an awesome amusement park. The park had wild roller coasters and a ride that had an amazing likeness to DropZone, but I believe it was higher (this one was 66 meters/180 feet?). The most amazing thing however, was that there was almost no one there and it was four o' clock! There was hardly a line for any ride and any concession stand, so we were able to repeatedly ride on our personal favorites....until about seven thirty. At seven thirty most amusement parks are closed, but not here. People just start arriving at seven thirty here in Madrid, and even though the lines were longer, they were still nothing compared to that of Great America. Although, I don't think Great America has twelve year old kids with mullets who smoke while trying and failing to cut in front of you in line for the craziest roller coasters. That was new.
We left at about ten o' clock on a conveniently located metro, got back to the hotel, settled down, and went to sleep.

And now Parker would like to say something.....

OK first of all we tuck the metro, to the telefarico, to the amusment park. And then me, phade and my dad went on the drop zone
which is 66 meters high!!!
Then my little brothers rides.
then we went on AWESOME RIDES!!!
We went on a lot of them, my favorite ride was the TORNADO!!!
And we did two loop-de-loops and four corkscrews.

And now Jackson would like to say.....

I want to say, today I went on really cool and one scary roller coaster. Me and my family went on a gondola to go to the amusement park. Today we played store, and thats it.

More photos from the day: http://tinyurl.com/2vd7b6

1 comment:

David McKinney said...

This blog makes me so happy! I'm sure I'm not the only one, so please keep it up. I enjoy hearing from all of you! (It's really helpful when you identify who's speaking.)